However, that meant I had to scramble to put together a couple of ideas for a project. I decided to get 2 quilts from the charity group that needed binding; and to make a quilt from the leftover fabric from my Nancy Crow class taken 2 years ago. I had tons of burgundy family fabrics, a lot of black and white and grays, and a few pops of color to go with it all.
Here are the piles that I started with:
I had no idea where I was going with this quilt, and that was part of the fun. I sewed 5 different strip sets. And, I forgot to take pictures of them. I hope you can figure out what they were from the picture. These were cut into varying widths and sewn together with black setting strips.
I decided to quilt it with a heavy variegated thread with a walking foot. It was fun to make and used up a lot of fabric that has been sitting in my stash. Two good things!
Here is the completed quilt. It is 48" x 64".
I hope you like it!
Post a Comment