I made another painted quilt of a bee on a flower. In an earlier post, I gave you some choices, and almost everyone picked the green bee on the sunflower. I took this picture in Walla Walla in September. The bee really was green, and I found out later that it is a native bee.
This quilt was made to be a raffle quilt to raise money for the Clark County Master Gardener foundation. It will be raffled off in September at a music/garden party. I hope it brings in a ton of money. The ladies coordinating the event asked that I make the bee more apparent. It was an interesting request, and I think that they asked because the bee had so much pollen on its legs that it was hard to tell where the bee stopped and the flower started. Here is how I painted it to reflect their request.
After it was painted, I used a lot of different colors of thread to both highlight the piece and quilt it.
After it was quilted, I added the wings, which were made with two layers of organza and variegated silver/black thread.
I hope you like it!
If you're interested in buying a raffle ticket, just let me know and I'll get the information to you, including the date of the drawing.