I found a really nice pattern at The Seasoned Homemaker that I downloaded. It doesn't use that much fabric and is very quick and easy to make. I didn't have the fusible product that she recommended and substituted what I had on hand, which was left over from making a bag.
Here are the pieces cut out.
I quilted the outside pieces to the "stuffing" about every 3/4" apart.
Then I followed the rest of her instructions. Since I didn't use the fusible, I stitched in the ditch from the bottom up about 3" on each side and then hand stitch about 4" at the top. That should hold the layers together well enough. Here is what it looks like on the smaller green teapot.
And here is what it looks like on the larger teapot. It's a tad snug on the larger one and doesn't quite fit down onto the table surface. If I make it again, I'll add 1" on the outside edges of the pattern so that it'll fit the larger teapot and keep this one for the smaller teapot.
Post a Comment