This is a continuation of 2 previous posts about the making of the Northwest Garden Lady art quilt.
The plant pots were based on pots that I had seen on a British gardening show, and some in my garden. Here is the drawing of the large pot that I made on freezer paper.
It seemed like painting the pots would work the best, so I took out my paints and prepared for dying fabric and painted both of the pots. They're supposed to fade into the background, so I may tone them down a bit. In the picture, they still have the white background, which I'll trim when I'm satisfied with the final color and shade.
I also drew and painted the two gardening tools. They also have the white background of the PFD fabric, which will be trimmed.
Stay tuned for the next post.
Post a Comment