This is a continuation of two previous posts about the making of Garden Lady #4.
After making all of the foreground components, it was time to make all of the flora and fauna. I used pictures from my garden to photoshop the echinaceas, which were printed onto prepared for printing fabric, then fused onto the background. I added French knots in 2 colors on all of them. The rest of the flora and fauna were randomly cut from quite a few fabrics and fused into place. Finally, they were all stitched around the edges.
One of my granddaughters said that I needed to add a butterfly and maybe a bird too. And one of my friends, who is an expert in machine embroidery, suggested a snail, a butterfly, and I thought about a caterpillar and a ladybug. I'll have to figure out when to stop coming up with ideas and finish the piece! Here are a couple of the birds that were inked into the sky and a bee that was hand embroidered into the flowers.