Monday, November 8, 2021

Improv quilt, part One

I looked for inspiration for a quilt that would use some of my hand dyed fabric.  This one jumped out at me.  The improv nature of curved pieces was really appealing.  Here was the inspiration:

I sketched up some blocks that I thought that I would like to make:

I wanted to use some of the fabrics from my hand dying experience.  Here is the pile that I started with:

I originally sketched up the blocks as 6".  But, no sooner than I started making one of them, I realized that it would be way too difficult (and not fun) to piece the tiny pieces.  So, I transferred the sketches to 14" and 18"  blocks, and drew up some overall quilt designs.

If I did the first design, the quilt would end up being 74" square, which may look pretty unique.  The second idea would be 56" square and would make a large wall hanging.  Stay tuned to see what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment