I had lots of leftover pieces from the burgundy quilt that I made from strip sets. Rather than throw these out or toss them into my scrap bin, I decided to make a quilt and donate it to my quilt guild's charity group.
I started with 5" squares of a print fabric and sewed them to the scraps, which were also cut into 5" squares. I sewed on both sides of the center line so that I would end up with 2 half square triangles. These were then squared up to 4-1/2" squares. Here's the pile of them on my design wall and ready to put into the quilt.
I sewed these into 8" squares. The half square triangles are all 4", the solid squares are all 2", and the setting blocks are all white on white 8" squares. I love bright colors, so I used those fabrics in this quilt to make it fun and young looking.
Here is the finished top.
I hope whomever gets this charity quilt will like it!