This is a continuation of the posts about the making of the 3-D green quilt.
I next turned to the background for the globe. Since I wanted to use fabric that I already had, I used a gray grunge dot fabric. I wasn't sure if that would be enough for the background, or if I still needed to add lime green circles. So, I made a few of the circles and pinned then in place. Here's the before and after pictures showing the difference.
I decided that I liked the plain background the best. So, I stitched it down and the top was all ready to quilt.
I hope you agree that it didn't need a ton of lime green circles on the background.
P.S. I know that the original intent was to reduce my lime green fabric stash. But alas, I had to buy 2 yards MORE in order to do the binding technique, which I'll talk about later.
This is amazing! I can't wait to see what's next. (Michael)ReplyDelete