Monday, December 20, 2021

New York Beauty Improv quilt, top is finished!

This is a continuation of many previous posts about the making of the New York Beauty improv quilt.

I tried out several different designs for the setting strips.  Here is what I decided.  This layout will end up with a quilt that will be 70" x 70".  Just the right size for me to be able to quilt on my sit-down longarm.

I pieced a few of the setting strips with alternating black and dark blue fabrics.  It seemed a little too dark, so I sewed the rest with some light blue pieces.   I brought in some more medium blue and red with circles set into the "center" of the New York Beauty blocks.  Here's the finished top.

I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment