This is a continuation of 3 previous posts about the making of Garden Lady #5.
The next thing that I wanted to add was some purple fruit that might look like as if it was being picked and put into the basket. I used some purple hand dyed fabric that I had on hand. Using printouts from Pinterest and my sketch book, I drew up some plums in a couple of sizes. One technique that I like to use is to trace the shape onto a dissolving foundation, glue it to the backside of the fabric, trim the edges, glue them again, and iron them to the back. This gives me a nice clean edge that is easy to stitch onto the quilt. (Unfortunately, the product that I used was Ricky Tims poly stable stuff and he is out of business!) Here are some progress pictures: