This is a continuation of a post about the Vagabonds Challenge for 2020.
I had so many ideas in my head for this quilt, and it was very difficult to narrow them down to the quilt that I wanted to make. My intention was to try a different technique, or a combination of techniques, to give the look of a 3 layered quilt with cut outs. I don't know which layer will be which, so I decided that I would try to make up some sample pieces. Then figure out what I would do for the full size quilt.
I knew that I wanted to print the picture in several colors onto printer friendly fabric. Here's what those prints looked like.
I don't know if I will sew these together or cut them into pieces and piece them with other fabric.
Here's what I want in the three layers:
Circular cutouts with some sheerness and some thread embellishment.
A layer of the printed fabric.
Some kind of stuffing to add dimension to the circles.
A layer of painted fabric, also with circular cutouts.
I made one of the potential layers out of two layers of tulle, and many different colors of thread, yarn and ribbon. these were stitched down and then pressed slightly. I have no idea how I am going to use this, but it's one of my ideas and was kind of fun to just play around.
I can't wait to see how many nights I will lay awake while these ideas peculate in my head. Stay tuned!