I've been on a roll. Several "bee on flower" pictures were printed about a year ago when the Master Gardener Foundation of Clark County asked me to donate an art quilt for their summer auction. I decided to finally paint and quilt the rest of the pictures that were candidates for that auction quilt this year. If you look back into my blogs by searching on bees, you'll find my previous posts. This one was a bee on a purple rhododendron.
Here is the picture and the painting. I added more shadowing so that the bee wasn't floating above the background. Notice that the purple rhododendron turned into a pink one!
Here are the threads that I used to highlight the piece.
And here it is all done.
I hope you like it.
Post a Comment