After I finished sewing the horizontal rows, I cut out the circles and ovals for the lime green applique. My favorite technique is machine applique with invisible thread and dissolving foundation. I like to use Ricky Tims poly stable stuff for the dissolving foundation. I dabbed on some glue stick at the edges and pressed the dissolving foundation to the back of the fabric pieces. Then I ran the glue stick around the edges again, and pressed over the edges. When I was done with the horizontal row, I appliqued the prepared pieces to the background. The stitch was set to 1.3 mm W x 1.0 mm length on the zig zag setting.
It was much easier to work on this quilt while it was still in strips than to wrestle the entire top under the sewing machine. Here are some progress pictures:
The first one shows one horizontal row of the applique pieces with the green fabric on top and one row of vertical pieces with the dissolving foundation. The next picture shows a bit more progress. (Sorry that the picture is skewed. It's hard to get a good shot with some of my furniture in the way.
I think you're probably able to see the lime green quilt emerging. I hope you like it so far!
Post a Comment