Monday, March 4, 2024

Garden Lady #6 - Part Three

This is a continuation of two previous posts about the making of Garden Lady #6.

I made the apron over skirt out of lime green organza and red thread.  The layers that I used to make it were Aquamesh (dissolving product for stability) on the bottom, the organza, Solvay (dissolving clear product to use as a pattern and to keep the thread from sinking into the organza) on top with the pattern written in permanent marker.   I set the zig zag stitch for a tight stitch (.40 length and 3.0 width) and stitched over the lines twice for the top apron and once for the bottom apron.

After rinsing out the product, drying and ironing it, I pinned it in place.

While I didn't want to add tons of floral details on this quilt, it was obviously too plain the way it was.  So, I sketched up a birdcage with a nest, a pot of tulips, and some muscari for a spring feel.  Here were my ideas.

I didn't like the look of the original birdcage that I drew, so I sketched up a second one and will use that for this quilt.  

I think that this was enough and I went forward with these ideas.

I hope you still like where this art quilt is heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment